June 13, 2019
Breakthroughs in the Treatment of Concussion
Presented By: Robert G. Silverman, DC
Days Hotel East Brunswick 195 Route 18 South * NJ Turnpike/I-95 Exit 9 East Brunswick, NJ 08816
Concussions are the most hotly debated topic in sports medicine today. Research surrounding concussions has experienced significant growth recently in the areas of incidence, assessment, and recovery. However, the jury is still out as far as the most effective protocols go.
Join Dr. Robert G. Silverman for a 4-hour presentation that teaches breakthroughs in concussion treatments, including assessment, exercise/cognitive rehab, nutrition protocols and laser therapy for enhanced clinical outcome.
The brain is the most nutrient-dependent, energy-dependent and stress-vulnerable organ in the body. When it’s damaged by a concussion, participants will be able to implement these treatment protocols, leading the patients on the path to recovery without any lingering symptoms.
Expected Learner Outcomes. Participants should learn how to:
- Assess and understand traumatic brain injuries
- Implement and incorporate low-level laser therapy into concussion protocols
- Understand the effects nutrition play in recovery after a concussion
- Utilize proper concussion rehabilitation methods
- Expertly assess intestinal and blood-brain barrier dysfunctions
- Understand why women have a higher incidence of concussions
- Connect gut/immune system to the brain for better management of concussions
- Develop individualized treatment strategies
*3 CEU Pending